Thursday, June 11, 2009

What is…
by Alex Lamas

What is Uncertainty- It’s good to be in the space of uncertainty in that place is an opportunity for new discovery. It’s like the opening of a lotus flower one petal at a time each unfolding is new discovery to the center of truth. I love Kung Fu because it is a path to myself. Not from an ego sense or self-centered point of view but as a self-exploration.

What is Being Powerful-
Being great and powerful is being true to who you are, being authentic and coming from a place of love and not from ego.

What is Teaching Martial Arts-
For me, teaching Kung Fu is not about cultivating killers but cultivating liberators. I try to show each student the way to their own personal freedom so they can express themselves honestly and without fear.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm certainly learning a lot about living with uncertainty. I can honestly say that most manifestations of it in my life, I have not only come to accept, but embrace. I now love living with uncertainty, and ejoying the adventure that follows. There are still parts of my life that I wish I was more certain about, but I'm learning to embrace them as well. When you get a chance, bro, see the new Pixar movie "Up". Probably one of the finest films I have seen in a long, long time.